Thursday 9 August 2012

Liebster Award


I've been lucky enough to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Jas and Anthea. Thank you so much, girls! The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers whom others feel deserve some kind of recognition and support for their contribution. I've only been blogging for about a month so this is really nice :)




In order to to accept the award you must follow a few rules:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.

11 Things about myself

1. I started this blog because my boyfriend encouraged me to since he knows I love nail polish and he thinks I'm good at writing :) Thanks babe <3

2. I never wear sheer polishes because I hate visible nail line. I've been known to do 8+ coats just to get rid of VNL. 

3. I'm a perfectionist.

4. I'm studying a Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies) at the University of Sydney and I've got three semesters left!

5. I love male singers more than female singers. And I'm especially partial to boy bands! Although exceptions include Rihanna and Taylor Swift.

6. I'm a TV show junkie... Shows I've watched or am currently watching (in no particular order and I'm only including shows where I've seen every single episode...): White Collar, Gossip Girl, Dexter, Pretty Little Liars, The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Once Upon a Time, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, The Lying Game, Merlin, How I Met Your Mother, Prison Break, Revenge, 2 Broke Girls, Arrested Development, Suburgatory. My favourites at the moment are The Vampire Diaries and Dexter.

7. I love red shoes!

8. I really enjoy driving. Most of the time I don't even mind being in heavy traffic (unless I'm late) because I just like being in the car.

9. Icecream makes me so happy!

10. When it comes to doing things, I either don't do it, or if I start something I will always make sure I finish it.

11. Eleven is my favourite number :)

11 Questions for me to answer (compiled from both Jas and Anthea)

1. One piece or bikini? 
Definitely bikini, unless I'm swimming actual laps in an actual pool haha.

2. What can you do better than anyone else?
Probably look at the little details in things, such as picking up spelling mistakes in restaurant menus and such.

3. What is your all time fav nail polish?
China Glaze Atlantis. So stunning! I could stare at it for hours.

4. Favorite movie of all time?
I don't really have one... So hard to pick just one! Maybe The Departed, Memento or The Notebook. Or the Batman Trilogy. Or Lord of the Rings...

5. Favourite book?
Again, so hard to pick a favourite! The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, or The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks, or one of the Dexter books by Jeff Lindsay. I have varied tastes haha.

6. What was the first CD/cassette tape you owned?
I'm not old enough to have owned cassettes! First CD was an Atomic Kitten single I think!

7. What could you eat everyday without getting sick of it?
Thai foooood. Pad Thai. NOM.

8. What are your pet peeves?
I really hate it when girls who aren't considered skinny or who have curves are called "real women". This implies that everyone else is "fake". It completely goes against the point of promoting positive body-image. It's just stupid and ridiculous! If someone is fat, call them fat, don't veil it in terms like "real" and "curvy". I'm not saying that skinny is necessarily good. Obviously anorexia, bulimia and extreme dieting are unhealthy and problematic, but girls who are naturally slim should not be made to feel that they are somehow unaccepted and "fake" just because they are not blessed with the curves that some other women have. "Real women have curves" is just ridiculous. I'm sorry that I'm fake because I wasn't born with curves. Okay. Breathe. End rant.

9. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
Assuming world means the universe, I would travel to a distant star or planet! If world means the Earth, probably somewhere in Europe coz I've never been!

10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 5 things would you take?
Water, food, a boat to get back home, a GPS/phone that works with satellite, nail polish so my nails won't be bare :P Oh I suppose clothes would've been a better choice but oh well!

11. What do most people not know about you?
My room is a constant mess... :(

Questions for you

1. If you could only wear one nail polish for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
2. Which fashion or beauty trend do you wish would just go away?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. Favourite beverage?
5. If you could do anything without worrying about money, what would you do?
6. Are you superstitious?
7. What is one thing, apart from necessities like water, food and shelter, do you feel you could not live without? 8. Do you ever leave home without manicured nails?
9. What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
10. Which song have you listened to this most in your life, or in your iTunes?
11. Who is your favourite celebrity and who is your least favourite?

I tag... see what I mean about being a perfectionist, I had to put these in alphabetical order. Okay maybe that's just OCD.


That was fun for me to write but probably not as fun for you to read! Next post will return to nails :) or maybe it will my first shoe post ;)

- J

8 comments:

  1. Great answers to the questions chicky, loved learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award!! :D You have a lovely blog and I am your newest follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratz!
    Check out this lovely giveaway on my blog!
    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats and lovely blog! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete