Mint Chic is an absolutely stunning medium jade green jellyish base with dense greeny-silvery flakies. The flakies are similar to the ones in Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe but Mint Chic's are more densely packed, have less gold colour and does not have a teal duochrome. I did 4 coats plus two coats of Seche Vite. Anyway, enough talking, here are the pictures! (I had to colour correct some of these to make them more colour accurate).
|I think I actually prefer this kind of polish in the shade, you can see how reflective the flakes are.|
|In direct sunlight. It's much more sparkly in real life, but my camera couldn't capture it.|
|Under artificial light. So sparkly!|
- Colour is really, really beautiful and iridescent.
- You can't really argue with a $2 price tag!
- Dried faster than I had expected.
- Lasted a week with only very minor chipping and basically no tipwear.
- Bottle is pretty huge - 16mL.
- The smell is quite strong.
- Bottle looks cheap and the labels are clumsily stuck on.
- None in my collection. The closest is Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe, but that is way darker.
I'm really amazed at and in love with this polish, especially given it's from an unheard-of brand and is dirt cheap at $2! The quality is fantastic and the colour is spectacular. If you're a green lover like me, this is a must-have!