Wednesday 11 July 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Lady Luck - Swatch and Review

Woo glitter!! I bought Sally Hansen Lady Luck at Priceline for $9.95. I don't own many Sally Hansens (actually only two I think! lol) but the ones I do have are pretty good.



This is a clear base with small glitter in the most gorgeous shade of magenta/fuchsia and a splatter of larger holo hex glitter. The coverage was quite good - I used 3 thin coats. However, like many full coverage glitters, it eats top coat for breakfast! Even a thick top coat (I used Seche Vite) couldn't tame it. The manicure ended up pretty thick with a few coats of top coat. Despite that, I think the colour pay off was well worth it. I got a few compliments wearing it. :) Removal would have been annoying but this actually peeled off cleanly - I had little molds of my nails! I gave the most perfect one to my boyfie for luck. :P

Apologies for this bad photo - it was taken before I decided to start a blog :P I also had to recolour this photo to make it more true to colour, but it is still not very colour accurate - imagine it more pink!
Pros:
- Gorrrrrrgeous colour.
- Full coverage glitter without doing 230948198 coats.
- Easy to find.
- Peeled off cleanly without need for remover - though some people may find this to be bad thing.

Cons:
- Needed a few coats of top coat for a smooth, glossy finish. Ended up being quite thick.
- Bottle is quite small - only 9.17mL (what a random number... equates to 0.31 Fl Oz, also a random number o.O).

Overall:
- 7/10

- J


No comments:

Post a Comment